Frequently asked questions
Domestic Invoice Discounting
What is Domestic Invoice Disconting?
Invoice discounting is the practice of using company's unpaid invoices to raise working capital & fulfil its financial needs. Traditionally, financial institutions including banks and NBFCs have been discounting invoices for MSMEs. Invoice discounting involves transfer of rights on an asset (invoice) from the seller (i.e. business) to the financier (i.e. investor) at an agreed value.
Eligibility criteria for Invoice Discounting.
Any business that supplies goods/services to large blue-chip companies can avail the invoice / bill discounting. Eligibility and amount of discounting is governed by the creditworthiness of the business and therefore they should be willing to share their financial information and other related documents.
What is the maximum Invoice Discountng Tenure?
Maximum tenure is 90 days. However in certain cases tenure can be taken up to 120 days, at the discretion of the Discounting Lender.
Documents required for Invoice Discounting?
2) Form 26 AS if any
3) Sanction Letter of all loans i.e. cash credit, term loans, car loans, Loan against property, Machinery loans along with the schedules.
4) Last 12 months bank statements from all banks.
5) Business Incorporation date proof- PAN Card
6) MOA(Memorandum of association) and AOA ( Articles of Association) + Certificate of Incorporation.
7) Address proof ( Telephone bill or electricity bill)-Latest within 60 days
8) CA Certified Latest share holding pattern + List of directors on the company letterhead
9) CA certified Net worth statement of Directors and Shareholders.
10) 2 Trade reference contact details
11) MSA and PO
12) Sales Ledger from 1st March 19 to As Date of Discounting Invoice Holder Customer
13) GST Certificate If Any
14) GST- Return Since March 19 to till date
15) Profile of the company (History, Product, Operation)
16) Group Company Financials & Sanction Letters
Directors & Shareholders & Spouse Documents
B) Loan Sanction Letter If any
C) KYC - PAN Card, Aadhar Card
How soon are funds credited?
It takes 24 to 48 hours for Invoice to be discounted and credited in the account. However, this is not accounting for any Invoices raised during weekends and onn National Holidays.